NCJW Israel Granting Program
Israeli women are organizing through their deep pain and trauma, and National Council of Jewish Women is here for them. Through our Israel Granting Program (IGP) Emergency Appeal, NCJW is building on our long history of work in Israel to support marginalized communities through a gender lens, supporting organizers on the ground who place women, children, and families front and center.
NCJW was made to help at this moment. We have assessed needs on the ground in Israel with our longstanding partnerships, and are making our initial grants to the following organizations:
- The Israeli National Breast Milk Bank: Funding breast pumps for volunteers providing breast milk for orphaned infants and babies separated from soldiers
- Bonot Alternativa: Leveraging a network of thousands of women volunteers organizing to support evacuated and bereaved families
- Itach Ma’aki, Women Lawyers for Social Justice: Providing direct assistance to Bedouin women from unrecognized villages in the Negev
- The Counseling Center for Women (CCW): Training therapy professionals in women-centered approaches to counseling as they mobilize to heal a traumatized nation
- Women Wage Peace (WWP): Funding activities that promote an ultimate resolution of the bitter and devastating Israeli-Palestinian conflict, founded by our friend and partner, Vivian Silver, currently held hostage by Hamas.
© 2023 National Council of Jewish Women
26055 Emery Road, Suite L, Warrensville Hts., OH 44128 • (216) 378-2204