TAKE ACTION TO SUPPORT ISRAEL
Here are ways to take action:
1. Sign onto the NCJW “Voices for Hostages” campaign by clicking here.
You will be part of a growing list of 6,500 global women leaders applying pressure to international governments, organizations, and civil society groups to do everything in their power to secure the release of 199+ kidnapped civilians held hostage by Hamas in unfathomable circumstances.
Israeli women are organizing through their deep pain and trauma, and National Council of Jewish Women is here for them. Through our Israel Granting Program (IGP) Emergency Appeal, NCJW is building on our long history of work in Israel to support marginalized communities through a gender lens, supporting organizers on the ground who place women, children, and families front and center.
NCJW was made to help at this moment. We have assessed needs on the ground in Israel with our longstanding partnerships, and are making our initial grants to the following organizations:
- The Israeli National Breast Milk Bank: Funding breast pumps for volunteers providing breast milk for orphaned infants and babies separated from soldiers
- Bonot Alternativa: Leveraging a network of thousands of women volunteers organizing to support evacuated and bereaved families
- Itach Ma’aki, Women Lawyers for Social Justice: Providing direct assistance to Bedouin women from unrecognized villages in the Negev
- The Counseling Center for Women (CCW): Training therapy professionals in women-centered approaches to counseling as they mobilize to heal a traumatized nation
- Women Wage Peace (WWP): Funding activities that promote an ultimate resolution of the bitter and devastating Israeli-Palestinian conflict, founded by our friend and partner, Vivian Silver, currently held hostage by Hamas.
3. Urge your Members of Congress to support US aid to Israel and nonprofit security funding at home.
Please take a few moments right now to fill out this form and send a message to your House member and urge them to vote YES on this important bill.
This vote is an essential first step in what is expected to be a series of votes to ensure Israel has what it needs to defend its citizens and win this war. Our ally is facing an unprecedented and daunting challenge, and this vote in Congress must convey America’s unequivocal support for our ally. Members of Congress must understand the urgency and importance of this vote and any vote that includes this funding for Israel’s security.
© 2023 National Council of Jewish Women
26055 Emery Road, Suite L, Warrensville Hts., OH 44128 • (216) 378-2204